If you are lucky enough to get offered multiple jobs at once, then it’s decision time but a good problem for you to have. Many people will take an offer immediately in fear that another won’t come along in the near future.
You need to stay confident and realise your worth when it comes to deciding on a role or negotiating better pay or benefits. What are you worth? The salary, benefits and job title are all important but even more important is the answer to the question “Will I thrive in this job? Will I love it?
Most of us have taken jobs just for the money before so consider other areas, not just the money. Take some time to make a list of the pro’s & cons of each:
- Job title > does it sound more senior or like a promotion?
- Job description > will you enjoy the role as it is described?
- Is there room for advancement?
- Can you live comfortably on the base salary?
- Is there potential for bonuses or commissions
- Is there long-term career growth?
- How far do you need to commute?
- Do you think you will get along with your boss and team mates?
- What are your work hours and is their flexibility?
- Do you fit with the company culture?
- What are the other employee benefits?
- Are you confident in the CEO and leadership team?
One fail safe method if you cannot decide is to go with your gut instinct. What feels like the right decision?